Reg Café, a Regenesys subsidiary, seeks to employ an energetic and entrepreneurial individual capable of appointing and overseeing the culinary staff, placing orders for culinary items and directly assisting the Food & Beverages Manager with the overall preparation of the food which is served in the dining establishment.
The successful incumbent must be able to ensure the successful delivery of uncompromising service and a variety of meals for many dietary requirements, whilst leading a team and dealing with the day-to-day running of Reg Café to serve internal and external guests.
- Assist with the appointment of catering personnel
- Overseeing and managing all catering staff in the unit and ensure that their duties are being carried out to the fullest of their potential.
- Plan the set menu items and any specials as well as provide recipes and preparation instructions.
- Engage in cooking and food preparation.
- Being mindful of and catering for special dietary requirements with appealing dishes.
- Purchasing and/or placing food orders and necessary kitchen tool orders required for the preparation of the meals.
- Conducting all duties timeously.
- Addressing any complaints which affect the catering staff and resolving those issues.
Specific job requirements:
- Assisting with the appointment of required personnel
- Overseeing subordinates in their daily work environment.
- Overseeing all individuals who work under their charge in the kitchen. This list can include assistant executive chefs to the kitchen preps. The chef will oversee the preparation of meals and ingredients, final presentation, sanitary issues and timeliness on the part of the employees, to name just a few duties related to the managerial position of the chef.
- Planning menu items and any specials which the dining establishment offers to its patrons. Creating the recipes with or without input from the assistant chefs.
- Developing and perfecting recipes, taking into consideration dietary requirements.
- Preparing a few or many of the menu items on a weekly basis, as required by changing circumstances.
- Handling customer complaints in conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Training the kitchen staff to ensure excellent delivery.
- Detailing what the worker’s duties are and how they should be carried out.
- Ensuring that all food-handling regulations are abided by and that everyone under his/her charge is aware ofthese items. Ensuring that safety standards and sanitary requirements are constantly met.
- Creativity – new and unique recipes to keep originality flowing.
- A positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Demonstrates professionalism, speed and accuracy
- High standards of hygiene and hygienic practices essential
Able to work well within a fast paced, highly demanding, team environment, and operate as a profitable Business Unit.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications